The Employees Retraining Board launched the "Smart Baby Care Scheme" in June 2013 to centrally manage post-natal care and infant and child care job vacancies, and to provide one-stop free referral services for household employers as well as graduate trainees of related courses offered by the ERB.
Extensive Network with No Administrative Charge
- There are over 5,000 post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers who have completed the relevant training courses at your service. Click here to view the profile of some of the helpers.
- All the "Smart Baby Care" services (including registration, referral, consultation and follow-up) are provided free of charge to both employers and helpers by "Smart Baby Care".
Professional Support by the Consultant Team
- The professional team will provide centralised referral and follow-up services attending to individual needs.
- Employers who hire post-natal care helpers/infant and child care helpers are entitled to free hotline support by the professional team included a registered nurse and an experienced post-natal care helper.
(Remarks: One-month support for employers who have employed helpers graduated one year or below and 2-week support for employers who have employed helpers graduated more than one year. The report duty date of the helper forms the basis for calculation.)
Professional Training with Quality Assured
All the post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers have completed the following Placement-tied Courses or Skills Upgrading Scheme Plus Courses provided by the ERB:
|Placement-tied Courses||Skills Upgrading Scheme Plus Courses|
|Foundation Certificate in Post-natal Care Worker Training #||Foundation Certificate in Post-natal Care (Part-time) &
Foundation Certificate in Infant Care (Part-time) #
|Foundation Certificate in Infant and Child Care Worker Training #||Foundation Certificate in Infant Care (Part-time) # &
Foundation Certificate in Child Care (Part-time)
|Foundation Certificate in After School Care Tutor Training||---|
# Trainees of the above courses have to attend the standardized practical assessments conducted by registered nurses at the ERB Practical Skills Training and Assessment Centre ("PSTAC"). For other courses, trainees are required to attend the assessment(s) of individual training bodies.
Code of service was devised by Smart Baby Care. All registered post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers are required to observe strictly. Any violation of the code may constitute to suspension of referral service.
- Trainees can pursue continuous learning by attending the ERB post-natal care and infant and child care part-time courses under the "Skills Upgrading Scheme Plus" to enhance the knowledge and skills in the aspects of post-natal care, twins and premature babies care, common diseases of babies, etc.
- "Smart Baby Care" organises workshops on different topics regularly to improve the service quality and professional ethics of helpers on a continual basis.