The Employees Retraining Board launched the "Smart Baby Care Scheme" in June 2013 to centrally follow up post-natal care and infant and child care job vacancies, and to provide one-stop referral services for household employers as well as graduate trainees of related courses offered by the ERB at no administrative charge.
Extensive Network with No Administrative Charge
- There are over 5,000 standard and experienced post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers who can provide service for 5 or 6 days per week and 6 to 24 hours per day according to the needs of the employers. Click here to view the profile of some of the helpers.
- No commission or administrative fee will be charged to employers, post-natal care helpers or infant and child care helpers by the “Smart Baby Care”.
Professional Support by the Consultant Team
- The professional team will provide centralised referral and follow-up services attending to individual needs.
- Employers who hire post-natal care helpers/infant and child care helpers* are entitled to 1-month free hotline support by the professional team included a registered nurse and an experienced post-natal care helper.
* Infant and child care helpers graduated one year or below to take care of infants aged one year or below.
Professional Training for Quality Assurance
All the post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers have completed the following Placement-tied Courses or Skills Upgrading Courses provided by the ERB:
|Placement-tied Courses||Skills Upgrading Courses|
|Foundation Certificate in Post-natal Care Worker Training #||Foundation Certificate in Post-natal Care (Part-time) &
Foundation Certificate in Infant Care (Part-time) #
|Foundation Certificate in Infant and Child Care Worker Training #||Foundation Certificate in Infant Care (Part-time) # &
Foundation Certificate in Child Care (Part-time)
|Foundation Certificate in After School Care Tutor Training||---|
# Trainees of the above courses have to pass the standardized practical assessments conducted by registered nurses at the ERB Practical Skills Training and Assessment Centre ("PSTAC"). For other courses, trainees are required to pass the assessment(s) of individual training bodies.
Code of service was devised by Smart Baby Care. All registered post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers are required to observe strictly. Any violation of the code may constitute to suspension of referral service.
- "Smart Baby Care" organises workshops and sharing sessions regularly for post-natal care helpers and infant and child care helpers for free.
- ERB provides Skills Upgrading Courses to enhance the knowledge and skills in the aspects of post-natal care, twins and premature babies care, common diseases of babies, etc.